Skip to main content

Comfort is not really comfortable.

Why is it that whenever I try to wear "sensible" shoes they end up being aggravating in a totally new and different way that my sky-scraper heels are not.

Today I knew I was going to be running around like a maniac at the office in preparation for a large event coming up. Up and down stairs and all over the three floors is not easy or particularly fast in certain shoes, and time is of the essence at this point. Plus I knew there would be lots of standing today, which was another reason to wear something sensible.

So I opted for a wedge. Blue suede, peep toe. By far not my favorite shoes, but some of the more sensible ones I have, since the platform is minimal and the wedge is wide, so you're not trying to balance on something that's the width of glass.

If I had flats (which I don't) I would have considered wearing them today, except that my pants would have been dragging on the ground, ruining my pants, and making me short, which is really more trouble than it's worth. So I tried to do the "sensible" thing, and am pretty sure my shoes are punishing me.

Now, at the end of the day, my feet are sweaty (so gross), the top of the shoe is digging into the top of my foot, and these really aren't that tall, so I feel like a Hobbit. Which means I'm pretty sure I've decided that I hate these shoes.

Comments