Skip to main content

Little kids love Nine West

This weekend I went out to dinner with my husband a friend to catch up, have a few drinks and hang out.


Because I’m incapable of dressing down or bring casual, I was channeling Peg Bundy with a pair of Leopard print capri pants and a black halter top and black sandals.

They’re a classic pair of Nine West sandals with a buckle across the toe, three inch heel and ankle strap. I’ve had them forever, and every so often they get dragged out when I’m going somewhere that involves walking but still calls for a stiletto.

Like a summer dinner in the neighborhood.

A little girl loves these shoes. She has good taste. 
As we’re standing outside the restaurant, waiting to be seated, a mother passes by with a little girl in a stroller. She was probably about 2 or 3 years old, and as they approached she stuck her little arm out of the stroller, pointed at my shoes and screamed, “I love your shoes.”

As she got closer she said it again, and again. I laughed, exchanged a look with her mother that acknowledged we both knew she was in for trouble with this kid, and as she passed I said “Thank you.”

The girl looked at me and her face lit up and she laughed and turned to her mom. “Did you see her shoes?” she asked.

I didn’t hear the rest of the conversation because they were out of earshot, but I can only imagine. I’m sure her mom really wants her kid taking fashion cues from some real-life Peg Bundy.

My friend turned to me and said, “Did that little kid just compliment your shoes?”

“Yep.”

“That’s funny."

"Yep. I see the need for a large closet in that girl's future."

Comments