Skip to main content

Plus Size Calves?

It's fall and fall means it's time for boots. Specifically tall boots. That amazing shoe that goes with just about anything and juts screams fall fashion.

If you're me it's also the shoe that causes the most aggravation because apparently having developed calf muscles (ie: not supermodel legs) means you have a hell of a time finding boots.

I've discussed my man calves quite a few times on this blog, so unless you're a new reader, you know
I love these. They're $300...
all about this.

Today Refinery29 posted a list of boots for people with wide calves, which means I'm probably not the only person in the world that has this problem. They probably have a frustrated writer or editor somewhere who runs too much or has a giant Germanic build like I do.

The crazy thing about the list is that half of the shoes were from plus size stores like Lane Bryant and Torrid (and appallingly heel-less), and the other half are apparently tucked away on websites off in the ethers of the internet, and don't actually say anywhere that they're for wide calves.

Maybe they're sites for plus sized girls again. I honestly didn't bother to look. I was kind of depressed over my apparently plus size calves.

Not that there's anything wrong with plus size stores. Thanks to them I may be able to find a pair of boots that finally fit. It's just frustrating that I have to go out of my way to find them. Why can't DSW have a section of boots for people with "wide calves" or why can't designers just make the calves a little bigger?

I can't be the only person with this problem.

Or maybe I am. I guess I'll just take my overdeveloped, plus size calves and sulk off into the world of online shopping.

Comments