Skip to main content

Stopping at Six Inches

Since finding out I'm pregnant I seem to have lost most of my energy. Once in a while I'll get it back for a day, and then the next day I turn back into a rapidly expanding beast with some kind of 8:30 pm induced narcolepsy.

There's been a lot of things that I've been getting used to, including a limited wardrobe, being hungry every 20 minutes, and an extremely limited wardrobe. 

Of all the challenges, it's the limited wardrobe that's been killing me. 

Of. Purse I've been switching it up with various shoes, and thank god I have lots and lots to choose
These heels and many others are now unwearable.
from. Then the other day it hit another first. I put on a pair of heels, stood up, and immediately sat back down. 

My balance had gone to shit. Apparently five months pregnant with twins and six inch platform stilletos don't mix well. 

I knew this day was coming, but I guess I thought it would be gradual. And maybe it was and I just hadn't been in tall enough shoes lately. Or maybe it was the fact that one day I woke up and suddenly looked pregnant instead of just fat. Maybe that was the day I couldn't balance in six inch heels anymore. 

So now I have a whole section of my shoe closet that is rendered useless. Five and six inches and platforms are pretty much over for me for a while. I imagine four inches will be about a month behind, and then soon I'll be relegated to kitten heels, flats, oxfords and loafers. 

Good thing I've been stocking up on all those. Although there is a great pair of boots I've been looking at with a chunky heel that would look great with the leggings and dresses I'm practically living in. I tank those would be awesome and may take me at least through the holidays. Or whenever I stop seeing my feet. Whichever comes first. 


Comments