Skip to main content

Glitter Celebrations

One year ago, on November 20, 2010 I got married and I wore these amazing shoes that I was convinced I would wear again. It's how I justified the expense mere days before the wedding.

It turns out glitter heels aren't my most versatile shoes, and they're not really work appropriate, so they haven't been worn in the last 12 months.
Sparkles at least once a year.
Finally tonight I pulled them out again and wore them to our anniversary dinner.

I paired them with a red and purple skirt and purple top, and braved the November wind with bare legs and a leopard faux fur coat, and the hubby and I went out to dinner at the original Morton's Steakhouse for an amazing anniversary dinner.

Once home we ate a piece of the now-defrosted cake top (for luck), drank a bottle of ice wine, hung out with the dog, and watched the American Music Awards, and realized that in one year our life hasn't changed much.

Twelve months ago to the day were were partying our butts off with our family and friends, and now it's a good dinner and back to real life.

At least I still have the sparkle and the shoes. Even if I can't wear them all the time.

Comments

dc said…
Maybe this should be your tradition - wear those shoes every year for your anniversary?