Skip to main content

Easter Shoes and Egg Hunts

Easter always meant new shoes for me when I was a kid. I can't even remember getting shoes at any time other than Easter (although I'm sure I did). Every year I would get a pair of new, white patent leather shoes and would somehow instantly wander into the grass and stain them up.
Bad for chasing children, but I want them.


I remember one year I even tried to polish them myself with some white shoe polish I found under the sink. Needless to say that didn't work out well.

Now as an adult I no longer get new shoes for Easter, or any other holiday. Sure, I may treat myself to a new pair of Christmas shoes, but not specifically for the holiday. But I think maybe I should start.

Both my sisters showed up at Easter dinner in some awesome shoes and dresses. I was wearing a pair of white jeans, black top and my black Blowfish sandals. Immediately I wished that I had treated myself to new shoes for Easter like I was five again. Although maybe not white patent leather this time.

Logical but cute
One sister showed up in red suede heels that struck jealousy in the hearts of heel lovers. The other one (who has two small children and is way more logical than I am) was wearing a pair of cute blue flats. The three of us spent the day chasing children through the house and yard hunting for Easter eggs, which are hard to find when you're trying to follow a running, sugared up two-year-old.

I'd say ,maybe next year when I go for Easter shoes I should look for flats, but we all know that's not going to happen, but I'll probably stay away from stilettos.

Comments