Skip to main content

Self Control and Christmas Shopping

The holidays are the best and worst time to go shopping.

This is why I shop online - too many people. 
Sales are in abundance, new product has been released just for the holiday season, and you get the chance to see it all with the perfect excuse to roam the mall endlessly. 

It's also the time of year you're supposed to shop for everyone except yourself. 

Suck. 

Sure, you can play the one-for-you one-for-me game, but suddenly you're eating Ramen for 2 weeks and negotiating with the electric company to keep your lights on. Or you can have a little self control and only buy yourself one thing per shopping trip. This isn't really that bad a plan, until you realize you're buying a scented candle for your favorite aunt because you had to buy that amazing coat on sale at Banana.

If this dress is still available, I'm getting it.
And I'll wear better shoes and jewlery.
I really can't say I'm that much better. I have forced myself to do most of my shopping online so I'm not tempted. I create strict lists and only go in certain stores, which helps. Gap Kids is awesome for my niece and nephew, and they don't have anything in my size.

Total win.

I also make a list of stuff I want for after the holidays. So when that payout of my vacation days comes in (and only taking a few days off this year pays off), I'm totally buying that orange sweater dress from Loft. And probably a pair of shoes. Maybe shoes to go with that dress. 


Comments