Skip to main content

Catching Up on Louboutin



Deadly perfection
I need to start using my iPad more. I bet I can nurse babies and type on my iPad. (You’re welcome for that disturbing visual). I also need to not be sick, which I’m not anymore, so that’s a good start. And if both babies would sleep through the night, then I’d totally have it together and write on a way more regular basis. I haven’t had a full night’s sleep in over 5 months.

Now that I’m done with my excuses, let’s talk Louboutin.

Unless you’ve been living under a rock you know that the shoe genius released a line of nail polish, priced at the pretty penny of $50 a bottle. Despite being the most expensive nail lacquer I know of, it is also sold out everywhere.

I attribute this to a few factors:
  1. The bottle is totally bad ass and made of crystal
  2. The bottle top can double as a weapon. You can stab someone and then finish your manicure. It’s like James Bond toys for women.
  3. Everyone wants to own something Louboutin and $50 is just the price point where we can all do it.
The eight inch tall, bottle with its spire top is inspired by the sky-high, literally unwearable stilettos

The other thing Louboutin has done is release the shoes Angelina Jolie wore to the Maleficent premier (on a limited basis of course). The pointed toe hollow wedge heel was designed to look like tendrils of smoke and were designed by Christian Louboutin and Ms. Jolie. They’re called Malangeli, and personally my favorite ones were the white ones with the blood on them that she wore to the London premier.

If you want one of the 96 pairs being released, then you’re going to have to drop $1,495, but most of the profit goes to benefit SOS Children's Village, an organization close to Jolie's heart that helps orphaned and abandoned children.

Fab shoes and great nails are apparently only for those who move fast and have some money. Oh Louboutin, I love you.

I want them.
Louboutin created for a 2007 photo exhibit. The line's signature color is the trademark-protected, rich red of the designer's signature soles. Of course other colors are coming too, but they’re all limited, so be sure to move fast because these are flying off the shelves.

Comments