Skip to main content

No One Notices My Shoes Anymore

I’ve decided the best way to live life post-baby is to simply pack the little droolers up (seriously, so much drool) and do the things I used to do. Except go to bars. Babies aren’t welcome in bars.
Granted, packing them up is like an hour ordeal, which includes figuring out which of the three strollers to take (none of which are ideal), making sure there’s at least one extra outfit per baby, bottles, maybe a breastpump (and accessories), diapers, wipes, baby sling (because sometimes they hate the stroller), and I’m sure there’s other random crap I pack without even thinking of it.

Nightmare heels by Iron Fist
This weekend Husband and I packed up the girls and their little ruffle-butts and drove off to Flashback Weekend, a local horror movie convention. Because babies should totally be at horror conventions. It also gave me a chance to wear my Freddy Krueger shoes again, this time with the chance that Robert Englund would see them, because he was there somewhere.

For the record, no I didn’t see him, and he didn’t see my shoes. But there were plenty of people I did get to meet and talk to, and none of them noticed my shoes because I was with the twins. When I’m with them I could not have a head and no one would notice because there’s twins.

I did meet and get a picture with Lance Henriksen, which is a life highlight for me. He was very sweet, signed a picture of Bishop for Husband and I, and took a picture with us. He also spent some time talking to the girls who were lying back in their stroller, hanging out, having no idea that a living film legend was touching their feet.

Husband says their feet are never getting washed again. I’m pretty sure by the end of the day they had already spit-up on their feet.

We also couldn’t leave without getting a picture of the twins with the Soska Sisters. Writers and directors of American Mary (if you haven’t seen it go watch it now) and owners of Twisted Twins Productions the identical twins, Jen and Sylvia, are creating quite a buzz in the film community. They are also two of the sweetest girls in the world, and were thrilled to take pictures of the twins, including risking getting spit-up on to hold them.

Seriously, how cute is this?
One day the twins may think I’m cool because I was getting their picture taken with horror directors when they were just infants. Plus I think it’s a good lesson if they ever decide to go into business together. Becoming the next generation of Doublemint Twins is not the only career option. Plus they’re fraternal, so that would never work (and we’re more of a Grady Twins family). Maybe their early meeting with the Soska Sisters will rub off on them and they’ll start a company together doing something they love. 

So no one noticed my shoes all day. I pushed the stroller in my Nightmare platforms for nothing because I was preceded by ruffle-butt babies who did their best to charm everyone (Traci Lords thought they were adorable).  At least I had a good profile. I also know that next year it doesn’t matter what I wear because no one pays attention to me when the twins are in tow.

Comments