Skip to main content

The princess and the shoes

This weekend I spent some time with my niece. We let her parents go shopping, and I, who have been dubbed "Fairy Godmother" came over to hang out, play with toys, eat, feed the floor, and generally see what kind of trouble can be found.

As soon as I walked in she was drawn to my shoes. They were my sequin flip flops (no heels for chasing baby), and she picked them up immediately. I let her play for a while, and then we moved on to playing with a stuffed dog, throwing pizza on the floor, and taking a walk to the park.

Then today I got an email from my sister with a photo, "What did you teach her about shoes when you were here?"

She's started pulling out all the shoes and playing with them, which apparently only happened since Saturday. And to my own amusement, according to the photo, the ones she keeps playing with are the Clarks. She's already developing higher-end taste. She probably didn't find any sequin covered shoes in there, but I know for a fact that Baby Girl rocks some pretty cool gold shoes when she goes out.

Sure, she can't walk yet, but she knows the importance of a good pair of shoes, and knows just how amusing they can be. 

By the time she's five, she'll have a separate shoe closet.

Comments

Anonymous said…
For the record... baby daddy has a hidden shoe closet and is secretly building a bunker in the garage to secure out of season footwear! She is surrounded by shoe lovin' freaks!
Cat said…
She's going to be so fashionable. I also need to discuss having my own shoe bunker built. Is it underground? That way after the zombie apocalypse you can still be fashionable.
primigi said…
hey i just wanted to say that i follow your blog and have missed your 'rawness' - so to speak-. i could really tell that the posts were diff and i am glad you are back. i never leave comments but just wanted ya to know!
Cat said…
Thanks for following Primigi, and I appreciate the feedback.