Skip to main content

Neon Dreams

I was never this cool.
Neon really tears me apart.

It brings mental images of braces, tall fried-out bangs, Aqua Net and my awkward phase. Neon is my reminder of that time in life they make crappy tween shows about, except I was WAY less glamorous.

At the same time, neon is Jem, The Misfits (Jem's rival not the real punk band) and Barbie and the Rockers, Cyndi Lauper and everything that was (and probably still is) so much cooler than me. 

So far I have avoided the neon revival, fearing that the second I place a piece on my body the gap in my teeth will magically appear, my bathroom will fill with Paul Mitchell and Aqua Net products, my hair will no longer be awesome, and my tits will get smaller.

They come in multiple colors
The other side of me wants to embrace it and add the neon pieces to my wardrobe, and live out some kind of Barbie and the Rockers fantasy where I look great in everything no matter how asinine it may be, all my friends are equally as cool, and yellow doesn't make me look like I have jaundice. 

In my searches for neon that will make me look neither sick or pre-teen again, I ran across these great neon heels from Fergie Footwear. They're basic, simple, and neon. They can punch up any outfit, and yet can remain understated. 

As understated as neon is capable of being anyway. 

They also come in multiple colors, which means just like Jem and Barbie dolls, I can collect them all. I think I'll stop short of teasing my hair this time, but I can't make any promises about drag-queen makeup. 

Comments