Skip to main content

Canceling Silver

A couple days ago I got a shipping confirmation on a pair of sandals I ordered.

Yeah! New shoes. They were silver sandals with a wooden heel from Qupid. Very last season, but I figured they were on super sale and I needed something to replace my silver sandals, which probably should have been disposed of last summer.


Then yesterday I got another email:

These are not my new silver sandals.
I'm contacting you with regards to your recent order number XXXX.

Unfortunately the Saydie Silver shoes you purchased were out of stock when our warehouse tried to ship them to you and we will not be restocking them. Unfortunately this means that we are not going to be able to fulfill this part of your order.

I have cancelled this part of your order and requested a refund be issued to your card. Please allow 5-7 business days for this to clear.

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kindest regards,
Bridget
Thanks Bridget. So if you're canceling my order, what the hell am I being sent? I received the shipping confirmation for something arriving at my house on Wednesday via UPS. Is this some sort of cruel joke? And how is it possible that I was able to order the shoes, be charged for the shoes, get shipped something (not shoes?) and now you tell me they're out of stock. 
I can't decide if I'm more annoyed that I don't know what the hell I'm being sent, or if it's because I have to keep looking for silver sandals. 
Maybe I can manage to get one more summer out of the ones I already own. 

Comments