One Australian woman with twins has become my hero though after a bazillion friends sent me links
|This is funny. People need to relax.|
As a joke, this hero mom attached some FAQs to her kids in the stroller, presumably so people won’t ask her dumb questions while she’s out. While she never actually took the kids out with the signs, the internet predictably lost their shit because people don't have a sense of humor. Personally, I find everything not only funny but also true, and I would like to copy both signs right now and tape them to my own twins, who would probably immediately start chewing on and/or tearing up said signs.
Some people don’t mind talking about their twins and their conception, and trying to explain high school biology to people regarding that whole fraternal identical thing and the basics of ovulation.
I am not one of those people. I’m busy, frazzled, and when I’m out with my kids I’m trying to enjoy my time with them while keeping in mind that we only have one snack with us and I am basically pushing around two time bombs. Of course if either one begins to cry or fuss while we’re standing in line at Target answering the same set of questions for the 208th time that trip, said stranger asking a billion questions immediately brands her as the “bad twin.” She’s not bad, she's just tired of your bullshit.
There’s a follow up to the signs that should also be published, and that should be the list of stupid comments people make that elicit eye rolls at best and nasty comments back from me at worst.
|They're fighting for control of the elephant.|
Of course I take a picture instead of help.
- There’s two of them (no shit)
- Double trouble (I seriously hear this every four feet when we're out)
- They can’t be twins because they don’t look alike (I have heard this more than once)
- They can’t be twins because they’re both girls and don’t look alike (The education system has failed us all)
- Wait here; I’m going to get my daughter so she can see them. (Apparently we’re a sideshow)
- Better you than me (So many things to say, none of them nice)
- Oh my god, I’d kill myself (This actually left me dumbfounded and I just walked away)
- Two babies - Ugh, I'd end up shaking one of them (What in the ever-loving fuck is wrong with you?)
Too bad she didn’t take into account people don’t read.