Skip to main content

Shopping, drinking and shopping

I've finally dried the vodka and gin out of my system and moved into the next year of my life. It was marked by shopping and drinking and shopping. Surprisingly, I managed to make it all the way through all that shopping without buying shoes.

I bought a dress, a skirt, sweater, panties, a bra and a satin Betsey Johnson trench with a giant ruffle down the front.

I couldn't pass it up.

I'm totally getting drunk to shop for a matching outfit
Sure, there were shoes. I tried them on, walked around with them, coveted them, and ultimately decided not to get them. I even had a pair of black peep toes in my hand at one point. I really need plain black peep toes. I decided against these though because they had a drag queen height platform on them, which is awesome, but totally not appropriate for the office. And I already have drag queen height black shoes for the days that I need to be almost six feet and walk like a geisha.

Luckily my sister saved me from my shoe drought, and gave me a pair of blue patent leather Jeffrey Campbell knee high boots to celebrate the fact that I'm an air breather.

Best sister ever.

With a softly squared toe and a snakeskin texture they're amazing. I have nothing to go with them, but they're amazing.

What does one wear with midnight blue knee high boots?

I think this is going to require more shopping and drinking.

Comments