Skip to main content

Head to Toe - With Drinks in Between

There's really nothing better than fashion and cocktails, and when it comes to fashion the accessories are really what can make or break an outfit.

That's probably why I love shoes.

The evening's purchases
Another amazing, and often ignored accessory is hats, which I love (almost as much as shoes). When I was in New Orleans this summer I fell in love with Goorin Brothers hats, so I was delighted when I found that there were a couple shops in Chicago, and even more excited when Chicago Blogger Network chose one of the Goorin Bros. stores to host a holiday party.

I brought my husband along for this one since the event was open to the public, and he loves hats.

Death's Door Spirits was there making some amazing cocktails and there were appetizers spread throughout the store. Sarah was our amazing sales associate who helped me pick out hats that I fell in love with. One after the other.

A burgundy fedora from the Peekaboo collection, black 1920s style hat with a blue stone on the band, and an amazing short top hat, appropriately called "White Rabbit."

Pretty sure I need them all. Usually I only fall in love with multiple items in a shoe store.

After a couple cocktails and a lot of conversation with my husband about which one looked cutest, I settled on the '20s style hat that I can wear almost every day well into the winter.

My dear husband, who already has a hell of a hat collection decided to forego another fedora or pork pie, and instead got a tongue in cheek trucker hat. A high-end trucker hat.

Yeah. He's mine.

Now between shoes and the hats at Goorin Bros. I've got a couple of expensive obsessions. Luckily I've got a head start on the shoes, which were admired throughout the night.

Even when I'm shopping for hats, everyone loves my shoes.

If you would like your own amazing Goorin Bros. hat head over to their website at www.goorin.com and use the code CHIBLOGNET to get 15% off. Or if you're more into shopping in the store, mention the code at the register to recieve your 15% off. The code is good until December 24th.


Comments