Skip to main content

Seeing if the Shoes Fit

Yeah, I totally fell off the grid for the last few weeks. But I swear I had a good excuse. I was busy having babies.

Ok, not the whole time, but I went into labor on Tuesday, March 18 and delivered two healthy girls mid-morning by cesarean section. Then there was the subsequent hospital stay, getting home and being totally overwhelmed. Crying jags, hormone issues, sleepless nights... Actually that's all still continuing, and probably will for a while. Luckily we have managed to get some kind of schedule established, and I'm thinking that furiously blogging between feedings is really the way to go right now.

Meet Delilah and Scarlett.
Now that I'm not pregnant for the first time in nine months, it's also time to dig through my closet and find out what happened to my wardrobe. I'm not quite in my own pants just yet (three weeks is a bit ambitious), but I can fit into some of my looser clothes, have lost a lot of the baby weight, and have managed to wear heeled boots once out of the house.

I'm not sure I left the house more than once in the last few weeks. It turns out babies don't have great social lives.

I also need to use one of the upcoming nap times to go through my closet and try on all my shoes. My feet were swollen the whole latter half of my pregnancy, and I have no idea if they got bigger or not, and need to see what fits.

I know my black Steve Madden boots are good, and my gym shoes are fine. Hopefully the rest of my shoe collection also still fits. If not then it looks like there will be a hell of a shoe sale online soon. I'll be sure to keep you all posted in case that happens.

Hopefully when I go back to work in a few weeks I'll have some shoes that fit, along with some real clothes and most of my waist back. And if some of my shoes no longer fit, then I'll just have to start buying more. Hopefully the girls will like shoe shopping.

Comments