Skip to main content

Walking around superstitions

I'll admit to being rather superstitious. Not to the point of being afraid of black cats and staying in bed all day on Friday the 13th, but I'll take a few steps to avoid walking under a ladder, don't like to open gifts before Christmas, and have more than a couple evil eyes hung in inconspicuous places in my home to ward off evil.

These are totally on a table.
Last week my new gray heels were delivered, and I got home and the box was sitting on the table. I opened them and set them on the table as if they were a centerpiece. My husband looked at me and said,"Get the shoes off the table. You know that's bad luck."

What? Why the hell would I know that, and who ever said that? Crap. I put shoes on the table all the time. For photos, when they come out of the box, while I'm packing my bags. It probably happens once a week.

I looked it up, worried now that this was like the broken mirror thing and I had somehow accumulated 487 years of bad luck, but the good news is that it seems that shoes on a table just mean bad luck for the day (that may explain a lot), but it also means you're going to argue with your spouse. The real bad thing? New shoes on a table are the symbol that someone has died.

Crap. Well, I'm not dead, and if I argued with the hubby I don't remember, but why chance it? From now on shoes stay off the table. Especially new shoes. I don't want to get hit by a bus or anything because of my shoes.

And while I'm at it, I better clean my closet out and straighten up because it's also bad luck to leave shoes upside down.

Suddenly my closet full of beautiful shoes is also a den of possible bad luck.

Comments