Skip to main content

Overdressed in Horseshoes

Summer is great because there's never a lack of things to do. Memorial Day weekend usually kicks off the summer season, and Sailor Jerry Rum did it right this weekend.

Sailor Jerry set up shop at Deuces and the Diamond with a poolside pig roast (complete with whole pig) and complimentary Sailor Jerry Rum drinks.

Since it was about 1,000 degrees out this weekend figuring out what to wear was an issue. A black halter sundress won out, and than came the shoe challenge.

I felt they fit the theme of the event. 

As I was getting ready my thought was that I'd just wear my black wedge sandals that I got in Vegas a couple years ago. They're comfortable, easy to walk in and cute. Then my dear husband reminded me that I was attending the event as "Cat in Heels" and representing the blog. That meant every shoe I own had to come out and get tried on as an option.

Finally, I decided to channel the Sailor Jerry vibe and with my black, red and white TUK peep-toe heels with the horseshoe on them.

The thing I didn't think about was navigating around a pool in a pair of giant heels after having a few rum and lemonades or rum and ginger ales or a few of both.
The whole pig. Head and all.

Most of the people there had the sense to wear flip flops or some sort of other summer appropriate shoe that belongs poolside. But no, I had to go ahead and complete an outfit perfectly (although I was dissatisfied with my earring choice) and leave logic totally out of it.

Luckily I managed to teeter all over the party and not fall over, get drunk or otherwise embarrass myself, and I looked good while doing it (must have been the horseshoe). Still, it would have been easy to wear a pair of sandals or flip flops and no one would have looked twice.

Well, maybe if someone knows me they would question me being in a pair of flip flops, but that wouldn't happen, so we don't even need to speculate.

Comments