Skip to main content

Cat's night out for fashion

What kind of shoes do you wear to Fashion's Night out when it's drizzling and you're in a suit? Iron Fist Nightmare heels. They matched my red jacket and black pants, and provided a bit of flair for Fashion's Night Out and the opening of Topshop Chicago.

The evening started with me getting stuck at the office. Isn't that always the way things go? By the time I got out and got to Topshop my sister was lost in the bowels of the packed store.

Bunnies in Bloomie's
Twenty minutes and four failed phone calls later, we finally met up among seas of oddly dressed people staring at furry vests and took advantage of the hairstylists on hand to fix my now wet hair and we headed over to the 900 N. Shops.

Scads of rich people roamed through the high end mall, cocktails in hand, toting bags from Karen Millen and Gucci. We shopped more within our budget at Banana Republic and coveted half the collection at Charles David, including a pair of black patent and pony hair heels that I am still fantasizing about.

Playboy Bunnies from the upcoming show wandered around Bloomingdale's along with actors from other shows I hadn't heard of. Somewhere Brad Goreski from Bravo held court with VIPs who spent $1,000 or more at the mall that evening.

My sister and I drank cocktails, had makeup done by Estee Lauder and cursed our shoes through the multiple floors of the mall. Finally we took our leave by way of Michael Kors, sending loving looks at handbags and a pair of $800 shoes before wandering back into the drizzle and packed streets of Michigan Avenue, bags in hand. None of them which contained shoes.

I can't decide if that means the evening was a success or failure. Maybe I'll just go back and get those heels to call it a draw.

Comments