Skip to main content

Shopping in San Fran - Part 2

I just got back from a business trip to San Francisco that culminated in a shopping spree of epic proportions. I wrote about the beginning in Shopping in San Fran - Part 1. Now the story continues....

As Esther and I headed out we both had that adrenaline rush that can only come from knowing you're going to find something amazing. That rush when you're determined to find something amazing.

We burst into Ross and headed straight for the shoes. Within in a matter of minutes Esther's arms were full of heels and we had to hunt down a basket.

Every aisle we went into held a new and more wonderful heeled surprise. Vince Camuto, Jessica Simpson, Chinese Laundry, Sam Edelman, Dollhouse, Carlos, Dolce Vita, and the list goes on. When we were done looking in her size we looked in mine, and back to hers, and back to mine, and then into handbags and dresses.

A basket full of heels
"How many pairs of shoes do you think we have in here?" Esther asked as the basket overflowed with treasures.

Her guess was ten, mine was less. As we checked out and sorted wants and needs and we had nine pairs in the basket, eight of which were purchased between the two of us. Plus there was the one pair I bought myself, and the Steve Madden's bought for Esther. Then there were also a couple of handbags and a dress.

From there we went to Macy's, which just happened to be having a shoe sale. We tore through the racks, trying on different shoes. Esther finally settled on another three or four pair (I lost count by then) and I found a great pair of hot pink pony hair heels by I.N.C.

We finally checked out and brought our haul back to the hotel, where we laid everything out in my room and surveyed the damage.

In total we had gotten two handbags, fifteen pairs of shoes (most of which weren't mine), and one dress in a span of two hours.

Not too bad for a day's work.

I was totally jealous of this find.
The next morning Esther had to run out again to buy a second suitcase to fit all her new treasures so she could get them back home. I somehow managed to fit all of my purchases, which included some Christmas gifts, into the suitcase I brought, and considering I travel with a briefcase and a carry on, that was one hell of a trick.

For once I was out-shopped and out-shoed, but the bargains we found were pretty freaking amazing. So we celebrated in the best way we knew how.  Drinks.

Because there's no better way to unwind after a shopping spree than a few vodka drinks, fresh seafood, and a few more drinks.
This is what two girls can do in two hours. 


Comments