Skip to main content

A flater shade of red

My fiance wears suits every day to work, and last night he was looking at suits online to kill time while I was getting ready to go out.

I'm fixing my eyes while he's asking about shades of gray. I'm putting on lipstick while he discusses the appropriate length coat for his frame.

On the way out the door I jokingly asked, "Why weren't you shopping for me?"

"What do you need?" he asked.

"New red shoes. But not metallic red because I already have those. And not sandals because I have those too. And I have patent leather red that fades into black, so not patent. I would prefer a peep toe because that's the shoe that's dying right now. I don't really care if it's a slingback or not, just a basic red shoe."

By this time we were outside and walking down the street.

"Flat?"

"WHAT?!" I shrieked almost teetering off the curb. "Have you met me?"

"I meant a flat red color. I realize you don't want a flat shoe. That would be pretty funny though."

Right funny. Put the short girl who writes about heels in a pair of flats. That would quickly become the worst money ever spent.

Now if you'll continue to hold my hand, you may need to make sure I don't fall off my shoes tonight after a couple cocktails.

Comments

Wow gorgeous heels! Thanx for connecting I am now following you too!