Friday, July 23, 2010

Charitable acts of ugly

A few weeks ago I asked a co-worker if she wanted to take part in a charity 5K run/walk our office was participating in.

The exchange went back and forth via email as we pressured one another to participate, and finally I got this:   You will have to wear gym shoes though.  Can you handle it?

Thanks for the vote of confidence. 

I am happy to report that I not only did the whole thing in more than 80 degree heat with humidity that can only come from a swampland, but I'm not sore today, and my feet didn't shrivel up and fall off for wearing a pair of New Balance cross trainers. 

Today I am back in heels, and no, there will not be photos of athletic shoes. They're all ugly. I look at the whole event, from wearing athletic shoes to walking/jogging 3.6 miles in almost 90 degree weather all part of my charitable contribution.  

2 comments:

VelvetJinxx said...

The other day my friend saw me at the beach in Niko's flip flops. She was like, "Jenna, why don't you buy yourself a pair of nice shoes". You mean nice flip flops? I can't bring myself to buy them because they are UGLY. (Yet necessary in a pinch - such as trudging through sand.)

Cat said...

Funny. I just bought a pair of argyle flip flops that help feed shelter dogs. Charity and sequins...that's the only way I'll wear something less than stellar.