Skip to main content

Changing seasons and forgotten sandals

Chicago has finally started to decide to act like spring, and assuming it ever stops raining at random intervals, it's going to be sandal season soon.

Changing seasons means that I break open the blue bin of forgotten shoes and rediscover all the shoes that I didn't take out last year, the shoes I forgot I owned, don't like and don't know why I own, and everything in between.

Some of the forgotten shoes
Last night I got a sudden burst of energy and curiosity, coupled with the annoyance of not being able to get through my closet, and I busted open the blue bin to put away the boots and break out the sandals. And I'm pretty sure that I didn't go through this thing in like two years, because there were shoes in there I totally forgot I owned.

Zebra kitten heel sandals by Kenneth Cole, silk dragon print heels from Aldo, Prada mules, another pair of Kenneth Cole sandals, red sandals, black Nine West sandals, my beloved Bakers wedges that go with everything, a bunch of kitten heels (I don't even remember buying them), and some heeled loafers I think I wore once...maybe.

I almost went out this weekend and bought half these shoes over again, considering them essentials. I really need to pay more attention to shoes I have and don't have.

Instead I made piles of shoes to sell, shoes to keep, shoes to keep and try to wear, and stuff that was totally new to me again, that I had to figure out how to wear all the time.

Really, how cool are dragon print heels and how do I forget I own such a thing? I think I'll just wear them around the house for a few days to make up for lost time. As for the rest of them? Now that I have the essential sandals and wedges, I can sell a few and make some room in the closet for some new stuff.

Comments