Skip to main content

Whoopi Goldberg is a Shoe Whore


Despite the fact that I love fashion, and blog, I am probably one of the least media consuming people. If it’s not on Facebook, Twitter or one of the many news sources I read every day, then I miss it. I don’t watch TV, or listen to the radio. When I do watch TV it’s either movies or The Soup on E!. I feel like then I know what’s going on without actually watching any of it.

Kobi Levi shoes I would love to see on a person. 
That all said it should come as no surprise that I don’t watch The View. In fact I’ve never seen an episode. Mostly because I work, so I'm busy at the time that it’s on, but also because I find it to be trivial and silly, and I’ve never heard a really interesting conversation that started with, “I was watching The View...”

So this afternoon when my friend texted me that I had to Google the shoes Whoopi Goldberg wore on The View today, I was somewhat skeptical. Mostly because of the previously mentioned feelings on the show, but also I’m not sure Whoopi is really considered a fashion plate. Or maybe she is if you watch daytime talk shows and shave off your eyebrows.

I really don’t know what she’s done since Sister Act, and am surprised whenever I remember she’s on TV every day, so what the hell do I know?

When I did get around to Googling “Whoopi Goldberg’s shoes” there was a whole host of articles and images, because it turns out the woman is a total shoe whore.

I’m sure if I watched that show I’d know this already.

Many of her shoes are designed by Kobi Levi, an Israeli designer who is known for some crazy, but fabulous designs (and designs for Lady Gaga). She even wore his often posted "Chewing Gum" shoes to meet the president. When she's not wearing Kobi Levi she's wearing bright colors and crazy designs. I was so surprised by all this because I didn't know the woman was known for her fashion, and I love whenever people take shoe risks.

The best crappy photo of today's shoes (which I love).
So what about today’s shoes made them so amazing? The fact that the heel was turned under across the bottom of the shoe, creating a kind of hollow wedge, and looking like a broken shoe. I'm not sure who made them, but they were pretty fantastic.

The only question that remained was how does she walk in those?

But let’s not forget the legions of fans she has in people who watch lousy daytime TV and care about what she says. They have afforded her enough money that walking in shoes isn’t really an issue. When you’re rich, you can wear crazy, fabulous shoes and have people carry you.

Comments